TERMS & CONDITIONS
By making a request for a reservation of a rental property through El Matador Management Company, the guest acknowledges and agrees to all of the following terms, conditions, policies, and provisions - all of which are intended to form a the legally binding Agreement between the guest and El Matador Management Company.
1. DEFINITIONS: The terms "El Matador Management Company", "EMMCO", "we", "our", "us" shall mean and refer to El Matador Management Company and its employees, officers, and agents. The terms "guest", "you", or "your" shall mean and refer severally and collectively to the primary person listed on the reservation documentation and all other persons staying/residing in the rental property with the primary guest listed on the reservation documentation.
2. RESERVATION REQUESTS & CONFIRMATIONS: The requirements for the reservation of each unit can be different and are subject to change without notice. All of our units require a minimum 3 night stay, with some requiring a 7 night stay or a Saturday to Saturday stay. A longer minimum stay is required during peak seasons. Our Reservation Agents can explain to you the specific requirements of your requested unit. The following terms govern your reservation request and confirmation of your reservation.
(a) EMMCO's review of each reservation request for compliance with specific requirements applicable to the property requested is required before we can accept and confirm your reservation request.
(b) Acceptance of your reservation is expressly conditioned on our review of your reservation request for compliance with all requirements of the property requested. Requirements may include but are not limited to, minimum night stay, advance reservation deposit payment, number of occupants, and other requirements, criteria, and conditions applicable for rental of the unit. Online payment made at the time of your reservation request does not guaranty the reservation or our acceptance.
(c) Your reservation request is not final or accepted by us until we send the "Reservation Confirmation Email" to you (which will be sent electronically to the email address you designate). The Reservation Confirmation Email will be deemed received by you immediately upon our successful transmission of the Reservation Confirmation Email to the email account you designate in our reservation system. Upon our sending the Reservation Confirmation Email all advance payments and deposits paid, due, or becoming due are non-refundable.
(d) In the event your reservation request is not accepted and no alternative arrangement can be agreed upon, we will process a refund of any initial online payment submitted or processed for the reservation request. However, we cannot control the timing or procedures imposed by your bank or credit card company related to refunds; and thus, EMMCO is not responsible for any delay, or hold placed on your account, or other unavailability of funds caused by your bank or credit card company's actions, inaction, or other refund or processing procedure.
3. AGE REQUIREMENT: NO reservations will be accepted for singles under the age of 25 unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. A parent or legal guardian shall be allowed to supervise no more than 4 individuals under the age of 25. Parent or legal guardian MUST occupy the same room as those they are supervising. Any reservation made under false pretenses will forfeit all prepaid rents and deposits and will be required to vacate the unit.
4. ADVANCE RESERVATION PAYMENT: To confirm your reservation, an advance payment will be required at time of booking in the amount of $200.00, plus travelers insurance (if purchased), and a non-refundable reservation fee of $50.00. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, cash, traveler's checks, bank cashiers' check or personal check. Advance payments made by check must be received within 5 days of booking or the reservation will be automatically canceled. Once your reservation is confirmed the reservation deposit is non-refundable. If you purchased travel interruption protection insurance at the time you booked your reservation, you may file a claim for trip interruption insurance coverage with Red Sky Travel Insurance. Reservations made under false pretense of any type or kind will result in the automatic forfeiture of all deposits, rental payments, fees, and immediate cancellation of your previously confirmed reservation.
5. FINAL RESERVATION PAYMENT: All short term reservations must be paid in full 14 days prior to arrival. All monthly reservations must pay the first month in full 30 days prior to arrival. Your credit card on file will be billed for the unpaid balance on the date full payment is due. If you prefer to pay the balance due by check, the check must arrive 30 days prior to the full payment due date. Reservations that are not paid in full by the final due date will be canceled and all advance payments will be forfeited.
6. CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 14 days prior to arrival will result in a loss of $200.00 advance payment, $50.00 reservation fee and travel insurance (if purchased). Cancellations within 14 days of arrival, no shows or shortened stays will result in a loss of entire pre-payment. The loss can be avoided if Red Sky Travel Insurance was purchased and the reason for cancellation is covered under the policy, or if we can re-rent the unit for the full term of the original rental period. The travel insurance fee and reservation fee are always non-refundable. We strongly encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance Protection as we cannot modify or amend our cancellation policy. If you have purchased Red Sky Travel Insurance you may contact Red Sky to begin your claim.
7. HURRICANES/TROPICAL STORMS: No refunds will be made due to hurricanes or tropical storms, even in the event of mandatory evacuations. Refunds for hurricane evacuations are only given through Travel Insurance. Changing reservation dates will be treated as a cancellation and no refund will be given unless the unit is rebooked for the same time period.
8. TRAVEL INSURANCE: El Matador has partnered with Red Sky Travel Insurance to provide Sun Trip Preserver® coverage for our guests. Sun Trip Preserver provides cancelation and interruption services as well as emergency assistance and travel services. Protect yourself in the event of hurricane evacuations and family emergencies such as illness or death in the family. The travel insurance is optional and the cost is 6.95% of your total reservation stay. This insurance can be purchased up until your final payment is made on your reservation. To learn more about Sun Trip Preserver or to file a claim, please visit http://trippreserver.com/sun-trip.html Phone: 866-889-7409 Email: email@example.com Mail: Red Sky Travel Insurance c/o Arch Insurance Company 8601 LaSalle Rd, Suite 102 Towson, MD 21286 .
9. DAMAGE PROTECTION: All El Matador reservations include a $45.00 damage protection policy. If you are renting multiple units, the damage protection will be included in each reservation. This damage protection plan covers minor, unintentional damages to the rental unit interior or property within the rental unit which might occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to checkout.
10. UNIT ASSIGNMENTS: We will make every effort to honor the particular unit you reserved and/or were originally assigned. However, specific property assignments and requests cannot be and are not guaranteed even when your reservation is confirmed. If the original unit assigned and/or reserved by you is not available, you agree that we may make substitutions to a different unit reasonably comparable to the original unit reserved, including size and location if and where possible. EMMCO reserves the right to modify your reservation, to change the reserved unit accommodation, and move your reservation to a different property without prior . notice to you and without your consent required. No discounts or refunds will be given as a result of such change(s) in requested or reserved units including moves, bedding sizes/selections, and/or furnishings.
11. RATES: Published rental rates are subject to change without notice. We expressly reserve the right to correct rates that may have been misquoted due to human error, negligence, or computer error.
12. PETS: Pets are prohibited in all rental units. There are no exceptions to this policy any time of the year. Having a pet in a unit is grounds for immediate eviction without a refund. Service dogs are not considered pets and are allowed in accordance with Federal law. All service dogs must be registered at the front desk and a copy of their certification will be kept on file. Owners of service dogs will be financially responsible and liable for any/all damages, injury (including any injury to the service animal), and all extra cleaning, pest control, or replacement costs for furniture, fixtures, or equipment.
13. CHECK-IN: Check in time is after 3:00 pm. Every effort is made to have units ready for check in by 5:00 pm. In some instances, access to your unit may be unavoidably delayed due to cleaning or maintenance scheduling circumstances beyond EMMCO's control. There will be no discounts, credit, or refunds offered due to a late check-in or delays in check-in. Your patience is appreciated in these circumstances. Guests arriving after 5:00 pm local time or on Sundays will pick up their keys in our after-hours key box. A code to this box will be emailed to you 3 days before your arrival. You will not be allowed to check in without this signed Rental Agreement on file.
14. CHECK-OUT: Check out time is 10:00 am. There will be an extra charge to guests who have not checked out by the required time. Late check-outs are available for an extra fee and require a 24 notice. Please take out all garbage and start the dishwasher. Please follow departure instructions carefully as failure to complete required tasks could result in additional cleaning fees. Keys should be returned to the office or left in our lock box if the office is closed.
15. SHORTENED STAYS: If a reservation is shortened less than 60 days prior to arrival, the guest is responsible for rents due for the full original reservation.
16. AFTER HOURS LOCK-OUT: If you should become locked out of your unit after business hours, a lock out service is available. A lock out fee of $50 will be charged to your account on the business day following the service. This fee does not apply to keys left for late arrivals.
17. KEY POLICY: Lost keys will result in a mandatory re-keying of the unit. The fee for a lost key will be a minimum of $80 or the cost of the re-key. There are no exceptions to this policy.
18. INTERNET: All of our units have free internet access. However, we do not and cannot guarantee internet connectivity or access due to service being provided by an outside third-part vendor, restrictions placed on such internet services by/from personal computers, differing connectively specifications, and additional factors that may lead to interruption, failure, or unavailability of internet service. If you decide to access any internet content during your stay, you do so entirely at your own risk and you assume and are responsible for insuring that any/all accessed material or content does not infringe the laws governing this service. In the event the internet service is inoperable, we will do our best to troubleshoot the issue over the phone, but if it requires further assistance, the guest will be solely responsible for contacting the internet provider to address any issues that may exist or arise. No refunds will be given due to unavailable or loss of internet service.
19. MAINTENANCE ISSUES: During your stay, please promptly report any maintenance problems to the front desk. Please do not leave doors or windows open while the A/C or heater is operating. EMMCO's staff may enter the property to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issue(s) during your stay. No refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen maintenance issues or system failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, appliances, television, cable or internet service.
20. LINENS/TOWELS/SUPPLIES: Although linens are furnished, please bring your own beach towels and beach blankets as linens are not to be removed from the unit. Guest will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. An initial set-up of trash liners, toilet paper, and soap is provided. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest.
21. FURNISHINGS: Our rental units are privately owned. The placement of items, furnishing, and/or mattress comfort levels is the arrangement preferred by the owner. We encourage your to call us if you have any comments or concerns. No refunds or rate adjustment will be given due to owners' choice of furnishings, fixtures, or equipment.
22. CONSTRUCTION: El Matador Management Company cannot predict construction plans in the area and therefore cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience arising from or related to construction in the area. No refunds can be given in the event of construction nearby the rental property or for construction of other units adjoining or within the complex of the rental property.
23. NO SMOKING: All of the units managed by EMMCO are non-smoking. There will be a fee of $250.00 for smoking in a unit.
24. SECURITY OF PERSONAL PROPERTY: EMMCO is not responsible for any acts of theft or vandalism, or other damages to any personal property or for personal items left by guests in the property at departure. EMMCO is not responsible for and has no obligation to store/keep personal property found in a rental property by our staff, and EMMCO may dispose of such property without notice, consent, delay, or liability. If items of personal property left behind are found by staff, and you promptly request return of these items before they are disposed of, there will be a $25.00 service fee plus the cost of shipping, to return the property.
25. BOAT / TRAILER PARKING: Recreations vehicles, including boats and trailers, etc. fitting within the boundaries of a single parking space will be allowed to park in designated areas only. Vehicles including motor homes, RV’s, vans, etc. are not to be occupied while on property. Boat/RV parking shall be limited to five spaces at any given time and are assigned on a first come, first served basis. Parking of these vehicles shall be limited to one day within any two week period. Up to 13 additional days may be approved by the General Manager, based on parking availability.
OVERSIZE BOATS WILL BE TURNED AWAY WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
26. MOTORCYCLES: There is a designated area for all motorcycle parking located next the guard house at the entrance of El Matador. The gate has a handout that specifies where boats and such must be parked. NO EXCEPTIONS!
27. PROPERTY RULES & REGULATIONS: Please observe all Association rules and regulations governing the use and occupancy of the unit you are occupying. These rules apply to both owners and guests, and failure to comply can result in immediate eviction and/or fines from the association. Please do not throw cigarette butts, food or any items from the balconies or patios. Doing so will result in consequences ranging from a clean-up fee of $250.00 to eviction. You are responsible for any fines assessed due to conduct in violation of association rules/regulations. No refunds or credit will be given in the event of eviction due to failure to comply with rules and regulations applicable set by the El Matador Association.
28. HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT: You agree to and shall hold El Matador Management Company and the property owner (as intended third-party beneficiary) harmless from and against all claims, demands, causes of action, damages and liability arising from or related to any of the following:
(a) Any plain and visible condition of the rental unit or any furniture, fixtures, or equipment therein not promptly reported to EMMCO upon your check-in (prompt reporting means on or before eight (8) hours from the time you check-in to the property).
(b) Any unknown, non-visible defective condition of the rental unit or any furniture, fixtures, or equipment in or serving the unit.
(c) Any actions or conduct, or failures to act, whether negligent or intentional, on the part of any third party resulting in personal injury, harm, or death to your or any other persons.
(d) Any injury, harm, or death to your or any other guest, persons, or animals during your stay not caused by us, including any injury, harm, or death caused by any defective condition of or in the property or to fixture, fixtures, or equipment.
(e) Any and all damage to the unit or any furniture, fixtures, or equipment in or serving the property as a result of your, or any other occupants. negligent or intentional acts, conduct, or negligent or intentional failures to act.
(f) Reasonable differences and/or changes between the property's actual condition at check-in and the condition represented on our website advertising or in our marketing materials, photographs, or other descriptions used on our website or as part of our online internet reservations system as a result of remodeling, maintenance, normal wear and tear, or similar circumstances beyond our control.
(g) You agree to be responsible and liable for any/all damages to the rental property and all furniture, fixtures and equipment in or serving the property as a result of any intentional actions or intentional failure to act on your part or on the part of any guests residing in the unit with you, including children. You agree and acknowledge that your credit card or financial account may be charged for the costs to repair and/or replace any damaged property.
29. AGENT FOR OWNER: El Matador Management Company serves as the agent for the owner of the rental unit.
30. DIGITAL SIGNAURES BINDING: By completing and submitting the reservation request you are expressly acknowledging and agreeing to all terms, conditions, and provisions of the Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that all digital signatures and initials contained hereon and herein are legally binding on you and all guests residing in the property during your stay. You further acknowledge and agree that the person signing this Rental Agreement shall have the sole and absolute duty and obligation to provide notice of all terms, conditions, duties and obligations herein to all other personas who will reside and stay in the rental unit, and to ensure compliance by all persons, during the length of your stay.
31. BINDING AGREEMENT: You acknowledge and agree this agreement is a binding agreement and that you have read, understand, and agree with all terms and conditions herein.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.