One main worry many of us have when planning a vacation is leaving our homes alone for so many days. The last thing you want to be thinking about while you bask in the sun is home security. So, here are a few tips to help you keep your home safe and help you relax and enjoy your vacation.
1. Make it look like someone is always home. If possible set a timer on TV’s and lights so that they turn on and off throughout the day.
2. Illuminate the outside of your home. It’s a great idea to have motion-
3. Keep your plans off social media. You can always post photos and updates on social media upon your return.
4. Make sure the door and locks are sturdy.
5. Keep your valuables hidden in the least obvious places.
6. If possible, install a home security system that will keep you updated.
7. Don’t have packages delivered while you’re away. A package sitting at your door for days is usually a sign of no one being home.
Following these few tips will help you have a stress-free vacation. Contact us today to book your next Fort Walton Beach vacation.
Download your FREE VACATION GUIDE and start planning your trip to the Emerald Coast!